Are Your Coping Skills Helping You Or Hurting You: Show Notes
Coping skills are incredibly useful for dealing with anxiety and all of the things that might come up when you have anxiety: overthinking, difficulty breathing, panic attacks, negative thoughts, worries, muscle tension, the list goes on….
So coping skills are good…. Right?
The answer is complicated.. And I’m going to spend this time today helping you understand it so you can manage your emotions, anxiety, and stress in a way that helps you feel calmer and experience personal growth in your life.
You won’t want to miss it if you want to understand the difference between healthy & unhealthy coping skills.
Takeaways you will have from this episode:
- What unhealthy coping skills are (and the ones have probably engaged in)
- Why you have urges to engage in unhealthy coping skills
- How to cope with difficult emotions in a healthy way
- Along with an action plan with my 2 top questions to ask yourself in any moment you are coping with difficult emotions to help you implement what you learned today
Top 2 questions:
- How are you feeling right now?
- What can you do to feel better and take care of yourself in this moment?
Calmly Coping is a self-improvement podcast for overthinkers who struggle with anxiety. Calmly Coping is not about *fixing* you, it’s about uncovering the amazing person that is already there (and that you are just too afraid to let out).
This episode is brought to you by my FREE reference sheet of 50 positive coping skills for stress and anxiety. This is one of my most popular resources, and it can help give you ideas for healthy coping skills in the moment.
You can download it here.
Free Journaling to Calm Clarity Journal Prompts: Download here.
Rescue Me (Instrumental) by [email protected] (c) copyright 2018 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/tobias_weber/57990 Ft: Copperhead
You can find me at…