Reflective Questions To Help You Review This Past Year
The end of one year and the beginning of the next brings a time for a fresh start and renewed motivation for your goals. A lot happens in a year! Although it can seem to fly by, it is so important to be able to review and reflect upon what worked for you and what didn’t in the past year.
Year-end reflection questions are a perfect way to do that. Journal prompts and questions can help you think about things in a way you may not have considered before. Additionally, they can help you begin to understand yourself and your past better.
Why You Need To Review Your Year
Conducting a year-end review is an excellent way to understand the ebbs and flows of your life. Whether you consider yourself to have had a great year or a horrible year: there are always lessons to be learned and ups and downs to every experience.
25 Year-End Reflection Questions For Emotional Wellness
- What was the biggest lesson you learned this year?
- What changes did you experience in your mental health this year?
- What was your biggest mental health struggle this year?
- What steps did you take to cope with your mental health this year?
- Think back to how you felt in December of 2018: How do you feel differently now?
- What goals did you set for yourself for this year? Which ones did you accomplish?
- What is the biggest accomplishment you had this year?
- What is the biggest challenge you had this year?
- How do you think you have grown throughout this year?
- What were your biggest interests throughout this year?
- What helped you feel the most calm and relaxed this year?
- What stressed you out the most this year?
- When did you have the most fun this year?
- What was your most positive experience this year?
- How did you help others this year?
- How did you receive help from others this year?
- What was your most memorable moment from this year?
- What was your most courageous moment from this year?
- What made you laugh the most this year?
- What habit was the most helpful and transformative for you this year?
- What habit was unhelpful from this year?
- What are you most grateful for this year?
- What were your favorite TV shows, movies, songs, books, and artists from this year?
- What were your most positive and influential relationships from this year?
- What would you say to yourself in December of last year to help give you motivation for this past year ahead?