Harnessing the Power of Awe to Reduce Anxiety with Jake Eagle, LPC
On this episode of Calmly Coping, I had the pleasure of speaking with Jake Eagle, a psychotherapist, mindfulness instructor, and co-founder of Live Conscious. Jake shared his insights on how shifting levels of consciousness can reduce anxiety and how high-performing individuals can reduce anxiety. We also discussed the power of awe and how it can be used as an alternative to mindfulness. Jake’s experience in private practice and leading life-changing retreats around the world make him a valuable resource for anyone looking to go beyond the bounds of traditional therapy. This episode is a must-listen for anyone interested in improving their mental health and well-being.
Jake Eagle, LPC, is a psychotherapist, mindfulness instructor, fellow member trainer of the International Association of NeuroLinguistic Programming, and cofounder of Live Conscious. After thirty years in private practice, Jake now works part-time as a meta therapist, working with people who want to go beyond the bounds of traditional therapy. Together, he and his wife, Hannah, lead life-changing small group retreats at awe-inspiring locations around the world.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Discover the power of “awe” – the positive emotion that can help you stay calm and energized in this fast-paced world.
- Unveiling the mystery behind the acronym “awe” – learn how to pay attention, wait, and expand your mind to experience the wonder of the world around you.
- The spectrum of awe – whether you’re scaling a mountain or simply admiring a flower, awe comes in many forms and intensities.
- Forming a habit of awe – discover how to incorporate micro meditations into your daily routine to create a habit of experiencing awe.
- For high achievers – explore how allowing the experience of awe to be easy and natural can help you access a deep state of presence.
- In moments of anxiety – find out how to access a state of calm and presence.
Connect with Jake and learn more about The Power of Awe:
The Power of Awe is available for sale on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Power-Awe-Overcome-Burnout-Purpose-ebook/dp/B09ZB5JGCK)
Contact: [email protected]
Instagram – @thepowerofawebook
Facebook – The Power of AWE
Twitter – @ThePowerofAWE
TikTok – thepowerofawe
Calmly Coping is a self-improvement podcast for overthinkers who struggle with high-functioning anxiety to help you feel more calm, balanced, and confident.
WATCH THE FREE TRAINING: HOW TO OVERCOME HIGH-FUNCTIONING ANXIETY IN 90 DAYS
**TAKE THE FREE HIGH-FUNCTIONING ANXIETY QUIZ**
*** INTRO/OUTRO MUSIC ***
Rescue Me (Instrumental) by Aussens@iter (c) copyright 2018 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/tobias_weber/57990 Ft: Copperhead
All content here is for informational purposes only. This content does not replace the professional judgment of your own mental health provider. Please consult a licensed mental health professional for all individual questions and issues.