How To Reframe Your Thinking to Free Yourself From the Patterns and People that Hold You Back with Lia Garvin
In this episode with Lia Garvin, we discuss ways to reframe your mindset to get unstuck, how to manage difficult situations in the work environment, how to deal with imposter syndrome and perfectionism, and so much more! If you can relate to any of these struggles, I definitely think you will find this episode helpful and informative.
Lia is the author of UNSTUCK: Reframe Your Thinking to Free Yourself From the Patterns and People that Hold You Back, leaning into nearly 10 years of experience working in some of the largest and most influential companies in tech including Microsoft, Apple, and Google to explore the power of reframing to overcome common challenges found in the modern workplace. She is a TEDx and SXSW speaker and has been a featured guest on WGN Chicago and WJLA Washington DC news. She was recognized by the National Diversity Council as a 2021 DEI Champion.
As an operations leader, speaker and organizational consultant, Lia is on a mission to humanize the workplace, one conversation at a time. Through her writing, leadership coaching, and savvy program management skills, she brings an authentic and irreverent sense of humor to teams to help them examine the challenges holding them back and focus on what matters. She has built robust diversity & inclusion programs, launched the world’s first holographic computer, driven programs and initiatives around team inclusion and organizational effectiveness, and coaches people on how to drive impactful work and thrive working in tech.
Lia has a Bachelor of Arts from UCLA in sociology, a Masters of Arts in media studies from the New College of California and is a Co-Active and ICF certified professional coach.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What types of thoughts are holding you back in the workplace and your life
- How to reframe your mindset to get unstuck
- Tools to survive and thrive in the modern workplace
- Challenging beliefs and the double standards that exist for women and people that are not as well represented in the workplace
- Ways to shift the mindset when dealing with imposter syndrome and the perfectionism that can go hand in hand and make you feel stuck
- Learning the mindset of doing what is right for you and your path, not what someone says is right to do, especially when it comes to dealing with setbacks
- The benefits of positive feedback vs negative or constructive criticism and how to reframe feedback
- Steps and small tips to getting “unstuck”
CONNECT WITH LIA:
Pick up the book: www.liagarvin.com/unstuck
The Unstuck Career Accelerator Course: https://maven.com/lia-garvin/unstuck-accelerator
Calmly Coping is a self-improvement podcast for overthinkers who struggle with high-functioning anxiety to help you feel more calm, balanced, and confident.
**TAKE THE FREE HIGH-FUNCTIONING ANXIETY QUIZ **
*** INTRO/OUTRO MUSIC ***
Rescue Me (Instrumental) by Aussens@iter (c) copyright 2018 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/tobias_weber/57990 Ft: Copperhead
All content here is for informational purposes only. This content does not replace the professional judgment of your own mental health provider. Please consult a licensed mental health professional for all individual questions and issues.