Creating Positive Behavior Change Using The Enneagram with Erin Baute
Creating Positive Behavior Change Using The Enneagram with Erin Baute: Show Notes
Erin Baute has been studying and working in the field of behavior change for over 20 years. She has a bachelor’s degree in Human Development, Master of Public Health and is finishing her PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology, with a focus on coaching and development. She has been studying and using the Enneagram for 11 years and is a Certified Enneagram Teacher and Trainer, as well as an Accredited Enneagram Professional from the International Enneagram Association. In this episode, Erin explains what the Enneagram is, and how you can use it as a tool to gain clarity, heal, and make positive behavior changes.
This episode is perfect for anybody who is looking to understand more about themselves and how their past experience may have influenced their present day behaviors, behavior change, and using the Enneagram as a personality model.
In this episode we discuss:
- How to be productive while also staying closer to your whole self.
- How your childhood experiences influence your adult desires and behavior patterns.
- The cultural norm to stop at naming and identifying patterns and the importance of the practice and work that needs to occur afterwards in order to create change.
- The 3-step process of behavior change and shifting patterns.
- The 20 second theory related to behavior change.
- The small changes you can focus on to create behavior change.
- The first steps to take if you’ve never heard of the Enneagram before.
- The importance of recognizing the difference between external influences and internal beliefs and motivations.
- The importance of nuance in understanding the complexity of human behavior and personality.
- The difference between the 3 subtypes in the Enneagram.
- How a disruption to your basic human needs (such as trauma) informs your personality and behavioral patterns.
- The connection between developmental stages, a lack of real or perceived resources, and how you relate to the world as an adult.
- What your dominant instinct is and how you can heal from unhelpful instincts or tendencies.
- How your tendency can result in both strengths and challenges, and how to work with them to improve upon your strengths.
Connect with Erin:
Calmly Coping is a self-improvement podcast for overthinkers who struggle with high-functioning anxiety to help you feel more calm, balanced, and confident.
***** WORK WITH ME *****
My mission is to help you decrease your anxiety, declutter your mind, and say hello to a life of calm and balance. Learn more about my coaching and course offerings below.
***** JOIN THE CALMLY COPING GROUP *****
The free supportive community for high-achievers with high-functioning anxiety.Join Today: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalmlyCoping
***** SAY HI ON SOCIAL *****
****TAKE THE FREE HIGH-FUNCTIONING ANXIETY QUIZ ****
***** INTRO/OUTRO MUSIC *****
All content here is for informational purposes only. This content does not replace the professional judgment of your own mental health provider. Please consult a licensed mental health professional for all individual questions and issues.