EFT as A Tool for Living With High-Functioning Anxiety with Theresa Lear Levine
In this podcast episode, I spoke with Theresa Lear Levine, Founder of Becoming More Me, all about EFT Tapping and how to use it to regulate your nervous system to decrease anxiety.
Theresa’s own struggles as a high-achieving mompreneur with trauma, ADHD and high-functioning anxiety escalated into chaos and self-doubt and led her on a journey to regain inner peace, confidence and self-love. She learned to cultivate what she felt had been missing in ways that restored her nervous system and calmed her fight or flight impulses and reactions, creating totally new outcomes that had once felt elusive to her.
She has worked for over 25 years to help women work on their mental, emotional, physical and spiritual health by expertly combining her personal experiences with her background in psychology, nutrition, and fitness.
Using a unique blend of Energy Psychology, EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) Tapping, Chakra work, and strategy, Theresa empowers other mompreneurs to overcome anxiety, distractions, and limiting patterns so they can be present and feel happier and more fulfilled as they align their beliefs, values and vision for the future with the actions they take in their business and daily life!
Theresa lives in Davidsonville, Maryland with her husband Jeff and their 4 boys.
In this episode, we discuss:
- All about EFT: EFT stands for “Emotional Freedom Techniques”, a technique that is a form of energy psychology, not just for those with PTSD but also super helpful for those with high-functioning anxiety.
- How EFT is a blend of modern psychology and Eastern medicine using the body’s meridian points that are used in acupuncture to release energy blockades by tapping those points.
- Learn how EFT works to regulate the nervous system’s fight or flight response as Theresa demonstrates how to use this technique in your everyday life.
- This technique is so accessible you can utilize this technique with your self-care routine or as a baby step towards self-care if you are in a place of not being able to slow down or are “too busy” for self-care.
- The science behind the tapping shows that energy can get stuck in the body and the tapping motion helps to move the energy around and release any pain you may have (physical, mental, emotional).
- How to get started practicing EFT with high-functioning anxiety.
- The origins of EFT and how it is used not only for mental health, but also performance.
- How EFT can be used not only for the mental/emotional side of anxiety but the physical side of it as well.
Download Theresa’s free ebook, 5 Minutes to Freedom: https://theresasfreegift.com/
Connect with Theresa:
Calmly Coping is a self-improvement podcast for overthinkers who struggle with high-functioning anxiety to help you feel more calm, balanced, and confident.
**TAKE THE FREE HIGH-FUNCTIONING ANXIETY QUIZ**
Rescue Me (Instrumental) by Aussens@iter (c) copyright 2018 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/tobias_weber/57990 Ft: Copperhead
All content here is for informational purposes only. This content does not replace the professional judgment of your own mental health provider. Please consult a licensed mental health professional for all individual questions and issues.