Does Social Media Make You Feel Socially Distanced: Show Notes
Too much of anything can be a bad thing. Social media has ingrained itself into our society and has had a massive impact on how we interact and socialize with each other.
It can be a great way to connect with others, but can also result in feeling disconnected from others and encourages comparison, feelings of FOMO (fear of missing out), and other impacts on mental health, including anxiety and depression.
How does your social media usage affect your mental health?
Takeaways you will have from this episode:
- The effects social media has on your mental health
- Does social media increase connection or make you feel more disconnected?
- How you can use social media for connection or distraction, and how using it for distraction can actually be harmful
Calmly Coping is a self-improvement podcast for overthinkers who struggle with anxiety. Calmly Coping is not about fixing you, it’s about uncovering the amazing person that is already there (and that you are just too afraid to let out).
Download my FREE guide: Goodbye Overwhelm: Your Guide To Accomplish More By Doing Less
This guide will take you step-by-step through the process of:
- Getting all those thoughts and overwhelming “what if’s” out of your head.
- Taking intentional, focused action.
- Getting more accomplished by not trying to do “all the things,” all the time.
Rescue Me (Instrumental) by Aussens@iter (c) copyright 2018 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/tobias_weber/57990 Ft: Copperhead
Want to connect?
Interested in working with me?