Ditching The “All or Nothing” Approach With Your Nutrition
Ditching The “All or Nothing” Approach With Your Health & Nutrition with Dr. Jessie Hehmeyer
In this episode, I spoke with Dr. Jessie Hehmeyer, the physician founder of Well Empowered where she practices data-driven, outcome-oriented Functional Medicine. In this episode, we discuss how you can improve your lifestyle and nutrition to positively benefit your health and/or weight loss goals with a root-cause, natural medicine approach.
Dr. H created Well Empowered with one commitment in mind: Guiding you to create the health and vitality that transforms your experience of life and alters what is possible for you. Through working one-on-one, with groups, or in delivering corporate webinars, Dr. H provides the information, inspiration and strategies needed to produce sustainable and transformative health outcomes.
Dr. H earned her Master of Science in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine from the University of Western States, Doctorate in Chiropractic Medicine from National University of Health Sciences, and Bachelor of Arts from UCLA. She is an IFM Certiﬁed Practitioner, a Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist, and a Certiﬁed Nutrition Specialist. In her spare time, you will ﬁnd Dr. H with her husband, Chris, doing yoga, hiking, strength training, traveling or preparing a beautiful, healthy meal for loved ones.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to manage emotional or binge eating
- Mastering your middle-ground to ditch the broken “all or nothing” approach
- How to create the vision for your life to become more clear on your health and wellness goals
- Do fad diets actually work?
- Foods that can increase anxiety and affect your mental health
- Chasing progress over perfection with your habits and lifestyle
- A radical new approach to your health journey: being kind AND honest
- Shame VS Regret – one is helpful (hint, it’s not shame!)
… and more!
Connect with Dr. Jessie:
Calmly Coping is a self-improvement podcast for overthinkers who struggle with high-functioning anxiety to help you feel more calm, balanced, and confident.
**TAKE THE FREE HIGH-FUNCTIONING ANXIETY QUIZ**
*** INTRO/OUTRO MUSIC ***
All content here is for informational purposes only. This content does not replace the professional judgment of your own mental health provider. Please consult a licensed mental health professional for all individual questions and issues.