Ditch Alcohol and Gain a Happier, More Confident You
Karolina Rzadkowolska is a certified alcohol-free life coach who helps powerful women make alcohol insignificant in their lives. She’s worked with thousands of clients through her online courses and coaching to change their drinking habit and unleash a new level of health, happiness, and potential to go after their biggest dreams. Her book Euphoric: Ditch Alcohol and Gain a Happier, More Confident You (HarperCollins and featured in Target) will be out on bookshelves on January 4th. She’s the host of Euphoric the Podcast, founder of Euphoric Alcohol-Free, and her work has been featured in the Huffington Post, Popsugar, Authority Magazine, Greatist, and Elite Daily. Karolina’s passionate about helping you discover what really makes you happy outside of a beverage and design a life you love.
This episode is perfect for you if you’re interested in learning more about the effects of alcohol on your body and mind, learning the benefits of going alcohol-free, and you want to know how you can take a break from alcohol.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The gap that exists in discussing moderate use of alcohol and the effects that can have on a person
- Karolina’s journey with alcohol use and her decision to take a break and look more into her relationship with alcohol
- The science of alcohol on your brain and body
- How alcohol creates an artificial high, but then you go lower than when you started
- The shame and guilt spiral that can occur after alcohol use
- Reflecting on whether or not drinking alcohol aligns with your life values
- How to test the effects alcohol has on you by taking a break
- The positive transformations that can occur as a result of taking a break from alcohol, including a sense of peace and presence
- Why the formation of the habit of using alcohol can occur and why it’s often the last habit to change when people make changes to their health and wellness
- The social pressure that exists to drink
- How making the decision to take a break from alcohol has served as a catalyst for positive changes for Karolina and her clients
- The importance of understanding the root cause of your habits, including your desire to drink alcohol
- Tips for people who struggle with social anxiety and feel they need to use alcohol to socialize
- Tips for people who use alcohol at the end of the day to de-stress and unwind and how to identify different ways to wind down
- The first steps to take when you are considering taking a break from alcohol
- The health benefits of taking a break from alcohol
Pre-Order/Buy Karolina’s book, Euphoric: Ditch Alcohol and Gain a Happier, More Confident You:
Connect with Karolina:
Calmly Coping is a self-improvement podcast for overthinkers who struggle with high-functioning anxiety to help you feel more calm, balanced, and confident.
****TAKE THE FREE HIGH-FUNCTIONING ANXIETY QUIZ ****
***** INTRO/OUTRO MUSIC *****
All content here is for informational purposes only. This content does not replace the professional judgment of your own mental health provider. Please consult a licensed mental health professional for all individual questions and issues.