What To Do When Your Family/Loved One Triggers Your Anxiety: Show Notes
Relationships can be a significant anxiety trigger. Your anxiety could be triggered by the fear of conflict, feeling pressure or expectations from your loved ones or family members, or possibly from a fear of disappointing them…
These are just a few examples as to why you might feel anxious around your family or loved ones.
The thing is… the opinions of the people that are closest to you matter. As a result, when your loved ones have strong opinions or there are negative consequences when you don’t agree with them, it can cause a lot of emotional discomfort for you.
Today we’re going to talk about all of this and more to help you understand- how do you calmly cope when your family or loved ones trigger your anxiety?
Takeaways you will have from this episode:
- The causes of anxiety that is triggered by family members and loved ones
- The top 4 ways to cope with anxiety or overthinking that is triggered by family and loved ones
- How to effectively speak up for yourself to prevent anxiety from building up
- AND an Action plan with concrete takeaways to help you put these tips into action
Calmly Coping is a self-improvement podcast for overthinkers who struggle with anxiety. Unlike other podcasts in the anxiety space, Calmly Coping is not about fixing you, it’s about uncovering the amazing person that is already there (and that you are just too afraid to let out).
This episode is brought to you by my FREE guide: how to be more productive without burning out. Inside this free guide, you will learn:
- How to create the optimal environment for productivity
- How to create a routine to maximize your productivity & focus
- My secret to motivating yourself when you just can’t focus
Rescue Me (Instrumental) by [email protected] (c) copyright 2018 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/tobias_weber/57990 Ft: Copperhead
Want to connect?
Interested in working with me?